Best Hearing Aids To Purchase
The world of hearing aids is quite overwhelming. It will be difficult to purchase a hearing aid for the beginner. There are lots of hearing aids brand that provides different types of hearing aids with different features. Now all these things leave us to a lot of questions like:
- Which hearing aid brands are the best?
- How do I choose the best hearing aid?
- How much do hearing aids cost?
- Which hearing aid brands do audiologists prefer?
The Best Hearing Aids Brand:
This is a very difficult question to answer because there are lots of companies that are providing better quality hearing aids to the people. Let’s take a look at the top manufacturing brands of hearing aids.
The Resound company is founded in Denmark in 1943. They are owned by GN ReSound Group.
The reassembly is credited with creating a new sound processing system with Wide Dynamic Range Compression (WDRC). He was also the first major hearing aid company to offer an open-fit hearing device, which is still widely popular today.
There is a very popular hearing aid since 2016. OPN Sound Navigator in Oticon hearing allows you to hear a speech from different directions while pressing background noise. It is different from the traditional direction-microphone strategy to improve speech in background noise. Combine this feature with low listening attempts and sound quality reported, and OTICON OPEN is one of the best hearing aids that money can buy.
Their purpose of “life is on” is to help people communicate independently, communicate with confidence, and live without limits. The Phonak was founded in 1947 in Zurich. Currently, he is the owner of Sonova Holding AG Co.
Phonak is a pioneer in the development of hearing solutions for children, especially in-class radio FM technology and Roger Pen. Marvel is the closest thing you’ll find in a device because it basically does everything. This is the only device streaming audio directly from Android and iOS devices (no accessories required). And, the new Autosense 3.0 Hearing Aid allows making better adjustments without user manual adjustments.
In 1959, Siemens developed the ear (BTE) hearing device, Siemens Articulate for the first time.
They are the most famous for issuing the first digital hearing aid with two microphones (directional microphones), the first wireless hearing aid and the first waterproof digital hearing aid. Siemens was sold to the Sivantos Group. In January 2016 new hearing aid brand: Signia was introduced
The owner of the Siemens brand is Sivantos group
Starkey’s philosophy “hearing is our concern” began in 1967 with founder William F. Austin. Starky is a strong commitment to philanthropy, donating to the Starkey Hearing Foundation every time a stark hearing aid is purchased. Through this foundation, he has given more than 1 million hearing aids to people around the world.
Headquartered in Denmark, Widex claims to be completely CO2-neutral building. They are a family-owned company founded in 1956.
They are known for their groundbreaking computer modeling and laser technology, custom earpieces (CAMISHA shells), as well as the complete digital in-the-year hearing aid.
Important notes to keep in mind when buying Hearing Aids
- Your hearing loss severity – You need a hearing aid that is capable of providing ample amplification. If you have serious or severe hearing loss, then you will need a device that can generate high sound level.
- Your ability to hear speech in noise – Speech test should be done in every hearing assessment. If you perform well on the test with amplification, hearing aids are likely to help you in the noise environment.
- Important features – Your listening professional should know your listening needs and goals and suggest hearing facilities that can give you the most satisfaction and benefits.
- Your lifestyle – More advanced hearing aids are capable of fulfilling the needs of people with the most active lifestyle. If you find yourself in a more complex listening environment then you should consider purchasing high tech.
- Best practices -Do your hearing-care providers follow best practices? If you are not receiving the actual ear measurement test, you probably will not get the most out of your hearing aids, even if they are at the top level!
Hearing Aid Prices
Wanna know the price of hearing aid? It is difficult to quote exact prices, as there are more than 1,000 different hearing aids available in India. At the moment, the price for the original device for premium hearing aid ranges from 24,990 to range 2,74,990. However, which is best for you as many factors, your hearing loss, personal needs, your lifestyle, expertise, family involvement, etc.
Interesting Facts About Hearing Aid Manufacturers
While it seems that there is a lot of competition in the world of hearing aids, in recent times there have been many acquisitions, which means that some companies have a big share in the market, which you originally thought.
For example, do you know that Unitron and Phonak are basically the same company? Unitron and Phonak are owned by the Swiss-based umbrella company Sonova.
OTICON, SONIC, and BERNAFON Hearing Aids all come from one place because they own the parent company William Demant Group. Stark, Siemens, GN Resound and Widex are still free.